Picinisco, Val di Comino Millennium Foundation (“the Foundation”) Rules relating to the “Picinisco
2017 a Millennium Celebration” Video and to the Photographic Competition
There are 3 subjects for the Photographic Competition (a) Il Tramonto (Sunset) (b) L’Alba
(Dawn) and (c) People and Culture.
1. Each theme is open to individual interpretation
2. Photographs of animals in captivity (such as zoos/safari parks) and family pets are not eligible
3. Entries must be taken in the area of the Comune of Picinisco, Val di Comino, Italy
4. Entrants can submit up to four photos either as prints or as electronic images, uploaded to the
website of the Foundation, in colour or black and white. Videos should be uploaded to the website
5. Images may be digitally enhanced to remove spots or scratches, but not manipulated. Entrants can
enhance the picture to make it brighter, clearer etc, but not manipulate the content. The
Foundation and the judges reserve the right to exclude any image they believe may have been
excessively treated so as to alter its authenticity.
6. Entrants under the age of 12 years need to have parent or guardian consent to enter.
7. Each entry should be marked with name, address, contact telephone number (both daytime and
evening) and where the photo or video was taken.
8. Entries should be sent to: Picinisco, Val di Comino Millennium Foundation, C/o The Pro Loco, Via
Giustino Ferri, Picinisco 03040 (Fr) Italy) or uploaded to [ ]
9. The photographic competition and eligibility for the video closes at midnight on 31 August 2017.
10. No entries can be returned and proof of posting is not proof of receipt. The organisers accept no
responsibility for entries lost, damaged or delayed in the post.
11. All entries will be judged by a panel of judges. The judges will select a shortlist of twelve
photographs (the 'Finalists') which, in their opinion, best illustrate the theme of each subject of the
competition. They will consider a range of factors including composition, technical ability,
originality, interpretation of the brief and the commercial appeal of the photographs. Persons who
have registered on this website will be invited to vote for the Finalists they like the best.
12. That winner in each category will receive a prize of €250.
13. The judges will select their own favourite entry from each category and that winner will receive a
prize of €250.
14. The Judges will determine an overall winner from the three categories and €1000 will be donated
to a charity selected by the overall winner.
15. If the winning photo appears in National Geographic Magazine, the winner will also receive 5 free
nights in Albergo Diffuso Sotto Le Stelle, during 2018, subject to availability
16. In the event of a technical problem or evidence of impropriety with regard to the viewers' vote, the
judges shall have the final decision. If the viewers' vote results in a tie, the judges shall have the
casting vote. The judges' decisions will be final and no correspondence can be entered into.
17. The judges' decision as to which entries to be included in the “Picinisco 2017 a Millennium
Celebration” Video will be final and no correspondence can be entered into.
18. Photographers whose video is included in the final published edition of the “Picinisco 2017 a
Millennium Celebration” Video shall receive a complimentary copy of the DVD. Photographers
who upload a video to the site in accordance wit these rules will be entitled to a 20% discount on
the published price for each DVD purchased by them.
19. All entries must be the original work of the entrant and must not infringe the rights of any other
party. The entrants must be the sole owner of copyright in all photographs entered and videos
uploaded and must have obtained permission of any people featured in the entries or their parents/
guardians if children under 16 are featured. Further, entrants must not have breached any laws when
taking their photographs or videos.
20. Prior to submission, entrants must not have offered any of their entries for sale, been paid for any
publication of any of their entries or won or been a runner up in any other photographic
competition with any of their entries.
21. Entrants will retain copyright in the photographs or videos that they submit to the Foundation. By
entering the competition or in submitting / uploading videos for use all entrants grant to the
Foundation the right to publish and exhibit their photographs and videos in any way the
Foundation sees fit and as often as they wish to do so. Publishing means in print, on the
Foundation’s website or in any other media approved by the Foundation. No fees will be payable for
any of the above uses. Entrants whose photographs are one of the finalists also agree to take part in
post-competition publicity. While we make every effort to credit photographers, including in
printed reproductions of their work, we cannot guarantee that every broadcast use of the
photographs will include photographers' names.
22. By entering, entrants will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these rules and the Foundation
reserves the right to exclude any entry from the competition or from the video at any time and in
its absolute discretion if the Foundation has reason to believe that an entrant has breached these
23. The Foundation reserves the right to cancel this competition or the video or alter any of the rules
at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
24. If the winner is unable to be contacted after reasonable attempts have been made, the Foundation
reserves the right to either offer the prize to a runner up or to re-offer the prize in any future
25. These rules are governed by the laws of Scotland. This competition is administered by the